commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Nightly snapshots
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:36:51 GMT
The implication to that is that if you piggyback on a Jenkins or Continuum instance that is
already publishing artifacts then you don't need a new account.  If you want to use a CI system
that isn't already set up then you will need to get one for that CI system to use.

Ralph

On Aug 1, 2011, at 8:28 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Le 01/08/2011 16:57, Phil Steitz a écrit :
>
>> +1 for making nightlies available again.  I think Continuum actually
>> produces the artifacts already and all we need to do is find a way
>> to make them publicly available.  Several years back when the old
>> set up died, it was because the script that we were using to copy
>> the artifacts generated on vmbuild.a.o to p.a.o had some security
>> challenges (read: setup too cheezy for the modern ASF :).  So I
>> think the problem is not getting the snaps generated. It is getting
>> them published.  Could be other projects have solved this by now.
>
> I believe we have to ask for an account to publish the snapshots. The account can only
be used to publish from the server building the artifacts. I found a hint at this in this
ticket (first comment by Brian Fox):

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2609?focusedCommentId=12856243
>
> "We create machine specific accounts that are able to deploy snapshots of org.apache.*....so
unless you're using a new hudson install, it's likely that the machine is already configured
for you."