commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sebastien Brisard" <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject [math] Utility classes for testing purposes
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:48:01 GMT
Hi,
I'm finalizing unit tests for the conjugate gradient method, for which I'm
using Hilbert matrices (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_matrix).
These matrices are nice because
i. they are symmetric, positive definite,
ii. they are ill-conditioned,
iii. their inverse is known in closed-form.

I therefore implemented HilbertMatrix and InverseHilbertMatrix as
RealLinearOperator. These two classes are intended for testing purposes only,
but I do not want to embed them in ConjugateGradientTest, as they might be
used to test other iterative solvers as well. My question is simple: where
(meaning: which package) should these two classes go? Would o.a.c.math.linear
(in the src/test/java directory) be suitable? Any better suggestion?

Thanks beforehand,
Sebastien