commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Contexted exception [Re: [lang] Time for RC3?]
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:48:44 GMT
Hi Stephen,

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> On 7 July 2011 00:57, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Proposed changes done. Please review, especially also Javadoc as I'm a
>> non- native speaker.
>
> Done. I think you could remove the add/set methods taking a Pair. The
> other add/set methods taking two arguments is sufficient, and I can't
> see when the Pair one would be used.

Yep. It's better. Meanwhile I was also in doubt about those.

One last opinion about the output? Originally we had e.g.:

 [Handler = PersonConverter]
 [Current Element = Person]
 [Role = COO]
 [Handler[1] = CompanyConverter]
 [Current Element[1] = Company]

The current output does no longer have the "[1]" numbering at the keys.
However, I wonder if the plain output sequence is now enough for easy
analysis, whether I should add those indexes again (for the formatted
message only) or should add an additional element numbering e.g. like:

 [1:Handler = PersonConverter]
 [2:Current Element = Person]
 [3:Role = COO]
 [4:Handler = CompanyConverter]
 [5:Current Element = Company]

Opinions? People will probably overload getFormattedExceptionMessage
anyway...

- Jörg