commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DIGESTER] Release Apache Commons Digester 3.0 based on RC2
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:21:11 GMT
Hi Simone,

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER3_3_0_RC2/

> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/3.0/RC2/site/
>
> Binaries:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/3.0/RC2/binaries/
>
> Maven artifacts:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-008/
>
> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because

+1, builds fine from source MD5 and SHA1 sums are OK.

One minor nit though: Neither release notes nor the FAQ explains the package
rename, that it is possible to use digester 2.x and 3.x side-by-side and
what must be done to upgrade existing code.

At least FAQ should be enhanced for something like:

Q: After upgrading to Digester 3.x my source no longer compiles! Why is no
Digester class found?

A: For an upgrade rename packages and normally you're done (blah, blah) ...
:)

However, an updated site can be deployed after the release ...

- Jörg

BTW: Building with M2 and Sun JDK 5 I had one time a hanging test in Running
org.apache.commons.digester3.xmlrules.SetNamespaceURITestCase where I killed
the process after some minutes. Was not repeatable though.