commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1 based on RC2
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:30:49 GMT
Hi All

Following the advice from the previous failed vote, I've rolled another RC
for Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1. As per advice, this one was generated
using Maven[1] rather than Ant. Just for a reminder, the idea of this
release is to get some wider testing of the codebase, owing to the 4.5
year gap since 1.3.1, before we hopefully release 1.4 in a few weeks time.

(We believe the code is stable and release worthy, but we're being a little
cautious with a beta first simply because of the gap)

The svn tag this was build from is:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_0_BETA1_RC1

The release candidate files are available from:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/

Specifically the release notes:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Source and Binary zips+tarballs:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/dist/
And Maven artifacts:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/maven/

I've tested with JDK 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6. The only difference to last time is
the software used to build the release with.

I haven't generated a new version of the site as the release guide would
suggest, because this is intended to be a short lived beta release. I would
propose to simply update the download page to incude the beta release too, and
then do a full site generation (as per the release guide) when we're ready for
the final 1.4 release

Voting will be open for just over 4 days (or until a blocker is found...),
closing 10am GMT on Wednesday 13th July. Please vote:

  [ ] +1 Release this as Validator 1.4 beta 1
  [ ]  0 I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it fully
  [ ] -1 There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

Thanks
Nick

[1] mvn package deploy -Prelease -Ptest-deploy