commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] logging vs slf4j
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:30:28 GMT
Random input. Seems to me you should focus on making Log4J the impl
excellent and not trying to create yet.another.facade. ie) Don't
compete with SLF4J, compete with Logback (given its licensing).

Hen

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I have been working heavily on Log4J version 2 and would hope you'd help with that
before going to SLF4J [1]. I have separated the API and Impl in a manner similar to SLF4J/Logback
but am working to correct some problems I've encountered using each of those where I work.