commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCOVERY][DISCUSS] additional class for Google Guice integration
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:25:21 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> it sounds indeed reasonable, thanks for your feedbacks!
> Moreover what is you are suggesting is what we did in BVAL...

Yes, exactly like bval... :)

> Do you see any risk on splitting current Discovery project structure
> in multi module?

I honestly am not that familiar with [discovery] per se.  I have
wondered if it is still relevant in a Java 6 environment with
java.util.ServiceLoader making convenient the exploration of service
impls provided by META-INF/services/* resources.  I realize
[discovery] uses other mechanisms as well, but do they continue to be
necessary?

Matt