commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Commons Lang 3.0
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:53:28 GMT
You will need both versions of commons-lang, the new and the old.
Stephen

On 27 July 2011 11:17, Rohan Kadam <rohanka@cybage.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have upgraded our common lang jar to 3.0 version. We have replaced package name "lang"
to "lang3". But since it has already been mentioned on apache website that Common Lang 3.0
is not backward compatible, we are facing some compilation issues.

> After replacing Apache Commons Lang 2.1 with Apache Commons Lang 3.0 we get some compilation
errors since the class org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableException is being referred
internally in the class files of  org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException.

> To summarize the common lang jar to 3.0 version is not compatible with common configuration
jar latest version.

> Please suggest.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from
Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is
not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."