commons-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Sterijevski <gsterijev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Adding a new class to handle Matrix with 3 columns/rows
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:35:31 GMT
All,

A while back I made a proposal for a SymmetricMatrix class. One of the
problems I encountered is that there is just "too much" in the Matrix
interfaces and abstract classes. In my opinion, pruning the interface would
go a long way to make more of this stuff fit more easily. Since implementing
the current set of interfaces is a bit onerous, you will have this pull to
generate orphan classes or competing class hierarchies...

Going forward I can't help but see much more of these issues. I think there
will be a lots of specializations of matrices and vectors.

-Greg