commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] logging vs slf4j
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:39:05 GMT
Good deal Ralph! Didn't the creator of Log4j abandon the 1.2/1.3
branch to make SLF4J? Anyways, I have no idea why all the creativity
for logging went outside of Apache, but I would definitely like to see
a version 2.0.

You taking feature requests yet in JIRA? :-)

Paul

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I have been working heavily on Log4J version 2 and would hope you'd help with that
before going to SLF4J [1]. I have separated the API and Impl in a manner similar to SLF4J/Logback
but am working to correct some problems I've encountered using each of those where I work.