commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Commons Lang 3.0
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:13:11 GMT
Yes. The reason the package name was changed was so that 1.x-2.x and
3.0 can coexist together in an application. Since Commons
Configuration relies on a previous version, as Stephen said, you will
need both dependencies.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Stephen Colebourne
<scolebourne@joda.org> wrote:
> You will need both versions of commons-lang, the new and the old.
> Stephen
>
> On 27 July 2011 11:17, Rohan Kadam <rohanka@cybage.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have upgraded our common lang jar to 3.0 version. We have replaced package name
"lang" to "lang3". But since it has already been mentioned on apache website that Common Lang
3.0 is not backward compatible, we are facing some compilation issues.

>> After replacing Apache Commons Lang 2.1 with Apache Commons Lang 3.0 we get some
compilation errors since the class org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableException is
being referred internally in the class files of  org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException.

>> To summarize the common lang jar to 3.0 version is not compatible with common configuration
jar latest version.

>> Please suggest.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from
Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is
not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."