commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 07:02:05 GMT
Hi all guys,
please review and add/modify what is missing: Mentors can copy & sign
once agreed it is the version we agree.
TIA, have a nice day!!!
Simo

OGNL

Apache OGNL is a Java development framework for Object-Graph
Navigation Language, plus other extras such as list projection and
selection and lambda expressions.

The project joined the Incubator on April 26, 2011.

 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
towards graduation.

 - make at least a big release that shows to Commons PMC the
compliancy level of OGNL to Commons policies;
 - attract more users, at the moment only Apache Struts people are
interested because they heavily use OGNL;
 - attract new committers.

 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of

 - no news about Marc Andrew Davidson's even if was requested twice;
 - not every PPMC member joined the private ML yet;
 - due to OpenSymphony dismissing, we need importing old issues to ASF
jira. We finally contacted someone from OpenSymphony and obtained the
huge Issue dump/XML backup, there is someone that is working on it,
but due to security policy (the dump contains also users and password
hashes), before importing it, an open-heart surgery is needed.

 * How has the community developed since the last report

Community activity decreased since codebase has been imported &
polished; we finally reached Luc Blanchard, the other OGNL original
author, that signed & submitted the OGNL SoftwareGrant & ICLA - we
also voted him as a new committer since he should have been included
in the initial committers list

 * How has the project developed since the last report.

A reported above, codebase has been imported & polished, we are in the
middle of a big refactoring stripping off generated code by JavaCC
that was versioned in the SCM and modified.

Signed off by mentor:

http://www.99soft.org/