commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [general] where to place custom PMD rules?
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:48:28 GMT
Hi,

in Compress we have quite a few classes that use constants that deal
with Unix permission flags, those are most naturally expressed as octals
so I'd like to modify the basic ruleset to exclude the
AvoidUsingOctalValues rule.

I'm not familiar with the PMD plugin but think the easiest way to do
that is by adding a rules file of my own that "ref"s the basic ruleset
excluding the octal rule.  Is there some sort of standard location in
mvn builds where I'd place such a custom rules file inside the source
tree?

Thanks

        Stefan