commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] Planning the 1.2 Release
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:41:44 GMT
Hi all,

given that most discussion has only been started late last week, it has
been a bit unorganized and some things have moved during the weekend
I'll give it a bit more time to settle.

IMHO svn trunk is ready to be released and likely won't change except
for release notes, version numbers and other release preparations.  I
plan to cut an RC in about two days and call for a vote then.

If you think this is a bad idea, please yell.

I've read through the release guidelines and quickly glanced over the
UsingNexus wiki page (and shuddered at the thought of putting any sort
of password into a file, but that may be just me) so I hope I know what
I'll be doing.

There already is a branch in svn in branches/zip64 that I intend to work
on (by first switching to Java5) while we vote on the 1.2 release - if
anybody else wants to tackle Compress 1.3 stuff in parallel, you are
welcome, this is the place.

Once 1.2 has been published the branch will be reintegrated into trunk.

Stefan