commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [LANG] Commons Lang 3.0
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:57:01 GMT
Am 29.07.2011 00:26, schrieb Henri Yandell:
> Note that Chain isn't really depending on it. It depends on
> myfaces-api and then excludes commons-lang.
>
> JCS, Flatfile and Pipeline are all upgraded in SVN. Configuration and
> Proxy need updating.

Configuration currently still targets Java 1.4. I would like to get a
new release (maybe the last one compatible with this version) out soon.

Unfortunately, work on a re-designed, enhanced 1.5+ version is stuck.
Maybe we should just polish the existing APIs for Java 1.5 and avoid
major changes? Then it would not be too unrealistic that a 2.0 version
(or how it will be called) can be published in a reasonable time frame.

Oliver

> Hen
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Henri Yandell<flamefew@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> For the record, and so we can consider what needs a release, the
>> following components depend on Lang:
>>
>> * Chain
>> * Configuration
>> * JCS
>> * Proxy
>>
>> and in the Sandbox:
>>
>> * Flatfile
>> * Pipeline
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Paul Benedict<pbenedict@apache.org>  wrote:
>>> Yes. The reason the package name was changed was so that 1.x-2.x and
>>> 3.0 can coexist together in an application. Since Commons
>>> Configuration relies on a previous version, as Stephen said, you will
>>> need both dependencies.

package name "lang" to "lang3". But since it has already been mentioned on apache website
that Common Lang 3.0 is not backward compatible, we are facing some compilation issues.

we get some compilation errors since the class org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableException
is being referred internally in the class files of  org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException.

common configuration jar latest version.

from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is
not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."