commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1152276 - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/ site/xdoc/ site/xdoc/userguide/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:58:01 GMT
Le 29/07/2011 17:44, luc@apache.org a écrit :
> Author: luc
> Date: Fri Jul 29 15:44:21 2011
> New Revision: 1152276

> Log:
> Added a Brent-like solver that has higher (user specified) order and does
> bracket selection on the result: BracketingNthOrderBrentSolver.
>
> JIRA: MATH-635
>
> Added:
>      commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/BracketingNthOrderBrentSolver.java
  (with props)
>      commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/BracketingNthOrderBrentSolverTest.java
  (with props)
> Modified:
>      commons/proper/math/trunk/src/site/xdoc/changes.xml
>      commons/proper/math/trunk/src/site/xdoc/userguide/analysis.xml
>
> Added: commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/BracketingNthOrderBrentSolver.java

The new high order Brent-like solver I mentioned a few hours ago is now
available in the subversion repository.

Could someone please take a look at it and perhaps stress-test it ?
It was designed to bring a few interesting features (high order, no
derivatives, few evaluations, guaranteed convergence, bracket selection
on result). It is a simple extension to Brent.

Thanks,
Luc