commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <>
Subject Re: [Math] Simple benchmarking utility
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:19:56 GMT
Le 27/07/11 12:05, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Hello.
>> I'm willing to help on this if you want.
> What do you propose?
You mentioned the need for people to review/try the piece of code you've
posted. I haven't done yet, but I'm happy to.
As for japex being too heavy. I agree, I didn't realize it needed input
files, I thought only annotations were required. Also, although everyone
says that benchmarking must be done very carefully, I think that most
people do "quick and dirty" timing...
Having said that, well-formatted reports can be useful for starting a
discussion. But the class you propose is so concise that it probably
wins over japex and others...