commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] RegressionModelSpecificationException
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:48:40 GMT
I propose that we add this to replace the generic math IAE that we
throw in various places, e.g. in AbstractMLR#newSampleData,

throw MathRuntimeException.createIllegalArgumentException(
                    LocalizedFormats.INVALID_REGRESSION_ARRAY,
data.length, nobs, nvars);

This exception, mostly reusing existing messages, would suffice for
most of the top level exceptions in the regression package.  If
others are OK with this, I will add and fix the raw exceptions in
the newly added updating classes and incorporate this change in
regression refactoring.

Phil