commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: [math] Pivoting in QR decomposition
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:33:03 GMT
On 7/21/11 8:07 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
> This is upside down.
> Opening the JIRA and putting the patch up is the best way to determine if
> this is useful.
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Chris Nix <> wrote:
>> I have just written a small patch that does QR Decomposition with column
>> pivoting and has a getP() method to get the resulting permutation matrix.
>>  If this is useful, I can open a JIRA issue for discussion.
I think its best to understand more clearly what Greg's problem is
before taking time to prepare a patch.  We have a working QR decomp
using Householder reflection.  If it is useful to add another one,
we can talk about that; but I would like to understand more clearly
what, if any, problems the current implementation (and interface) has.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message