commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1 based on RC2
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 15:08:11 GMT
The maven build works fine with JDK 1.5 and 1.6 under Windows 7.
Artifacts and site look good.

The clirr report has one error:
"Parameter 1 of 'protected boolean
isValidIpAddress(org.apache.oro.text.perl.Perl5Util)' has changed its
type to java.lang.String"

I don't know whether this is a big issue or not, but shouldn't there be
at least a warning in the release notes?

Minor nits (not blocking):
- There are some findbug errors
- Could it be that the changes report is out of sync with the release
notes? The latter mention more issues and improvements.

Oliver