commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DIGESTER] Release Apache Commons Digester 3.0 based on RC2
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 20:53:22 GMT
Le 03/07/2011 00:08, Simone Tripodi a écrit :
> Hi all guys,
> after a failing RC1, thanks to Luc's suggestions I've quickly prepared a RC2.
> Please cast your votes and many thanks in advance for your effort on
> reviewing!!!
> All the best, have a nice weekend,
> Simo
>
> Release Notes:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/3.0/RC2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> Tag:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER3_3_0_RC2/
>
> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/3.0/RC2/site/
>
> Binaries:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/3.0/RC2/binaries/
>
> Maven artifacts:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-008/
>
> [ ] +1 release it

+1.

One minor glitch: in the changes report, the release date is TBD. I
guess you will let the date as TBD for the release (since we vote on
already signed files) and update it afterwards. This means the released
files are always one date behind.

My personal choice is rather to guess a release time taking the vote
delay into account, so the files we vote on already have the complete
information. This means for this release candidate, I would have put a
release date at 2011-07-06, knowing that the vote would extend from
2011-07-03 to 2011-07-05 and adding a one day margin.

This is very minor and the files can be published as is for this RC if
the vote succeeds.

best regards,
Luc