commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pool][dbcp] Ongoing saga of setFactory
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 19:32:06 GMT
On 26/06/2011 01:05, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 6/25/11 4:28 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> I agree that it is smelly. I'm not sure we can change this without a
>>> huge amount of work in DBCP.
>> I think largely due to the clean-up Phil has already done in DBCP, this
>> is now manageable. I have just done this for GOP and will do the same
>> for GKOP next (exact timing TBD).
>
> +1 - definitely better.  Will test and review and if I get to if
> before you, handle GKOP.   Thanks for doing this.

Looking at this, I can't see a way of doing this without introducing a
new interface StatementPoolFactory that extends KeyedObjectPoolFactory
and adds a setPoolingConnection() method (or something along those lines
anyway).

The names may well change as the refactoring evolves and we add generics
support to DBCP but this should do for now.

Mark