commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Digester] help on fixing NP_NULL_ON_SOME_PATH findbugs error
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 18:32:11 GMT
Le 02/07/2011 20:05, Simone Tripodi a écrit :
> Hi all guys,
> it could be a silly questions, but I need help on fixing a
> NP_NULL_ON_SOME_PATH findbugs error, I don't see where the violation
> is.
> The problem is
>
>      Possible null pointer dereference of CallMethodRule.paramTypes in
> org.apache.commons.digester3.CallMethodRule.end(String, String) line
> 459

I guess parmarTypes can be null. If you explicitely test for null at
some point in your code, findbugs consider the corresponding variable is
more prone to be null and start to also check it.

In this case, you test agains null at line 429, and in an unrelated code
path later on you use paramtypes (to get its length) without checking it
is null.

Perhaps you should protect the building of the paramValues array when
paramTypes is null ?

Luc