commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: (MATH-608) Remove methods from RealMatrix Interface
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 16:39:16 GMT
Hi all,

Le 02/07/2011 18:20, Ted Dunning a écrit :
> That won't work.
>
> That only works for statically declared matrix types, not run-time matrix
> types.  To be usable, the suggested mechanism must work against runtime
> data-types.

I agree with this need to work with runtime data-types.
In one of your messages, you wrote about marker predicated like
isSymmetric() or the like. In another message, you wrote about using
instanceof. What would be the better approach ?

Another point is about the implementation of iterative solvers (see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-581>). Could the operators
proposed in the two issues (MATH-581 and MATH-608) be merged together ?

best regards,
Luc