commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BCEL] Next release
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 04:37:19 GMT
On Jul 19, 2011, at 0:04, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@apache.org> wrote:

> If we can agree that BCEL will have a minimum requirement of 1.5 for the next version,
then we should probably actually use 1.5 throughout on purpose, rather than by accident. I'd
be happy to participate in making these changes. Can we vote on that part of it at least,
so that work could start?

> [ ] +1, agreed
> [ ] +0, ok, but don't care
> [ ] -1, don't agree, with reason

+1

Gary

> On 07/18/2011 12:56 PM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> I'm all for it.
>> I say what I've said all this time when questions like this came up.
>> We need testers! There has been quite few changes. Just releasing
>> without some people spending some time ...or telling us "yes, trunk
>> works for me!" I am still not comfortable with.
>>
>>> But there needs to be a decision which seems clear cut to me. There is code in
the code base (by accident--i suppose) now that requires 1.5. Previously we didn't have that
requirement, so pushing out a release means raising the minimum to 1.5. My vote is lets do
it two both. But everyone should be clear about this decision. Do we call it BCEL 6 because
of this?