commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rohan Kadam <roha...@cybage.com>
Subject [LANG] Commons Lang 3.0
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:17:36 GMT
Hi All,

We have upgraded our common lang jar to 3.0 version. We have replaced package name "lang"
to "lang3". But since it has already been mentioned on apache website that Common Lang 3.0
is not backward compatible, we are facing some compilation issues.

After replacing Apache Commons Lang 2.1 with Apache Commons Lang 3.0 we get some compilation
errors since the class org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableException is being referred
internally in the class files of  org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException.

To summarize the common lang jar to 3.0 version is not compatible with common configuration
jar latest version.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com