commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Revised dormancy policy - take 3
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:48:29 GMT
+1

I kind of know Jelly will come here...
And with this rule, it feels like it might allow me to smoothly restart work on jelly when
time comes, then request a vote for removal of dormancy when I feel confident.

As answered by Phil to James, I believe that the vote is only considered with that... the
removal of the flag.

That flag, btw, is likely to be a title change in jira (which is ok), and a rebuild of the
website with the indications.

paul

Le 7 juin 2011 à 22:24, Phil Steitz a écrit :

> Thanks, all, for the great comments on the previous versions [1][2].
> I have tried to incorporate them.
>
> Revised Dormancy Policy
>
> 0) To move a component to dormant requires a VOTE.   A single -1
> suffices to postpone the action; but a -1 in a dormancy vote is
> really a +1 to help sustain or advance the component. Dormancy VOTEs
> will remain open for two weeks.
>
> 1) When a component is voted "dormant":
>    a) the main web site and site navigation links show the
> component as dormant
>    b) the component site and component JIRA page display a "dormant
> disclaimer" (TBD)
>    c) JIRA remains open (not merged into Commons-Dormant, but JIRA
> project page displays disclaimer)
>    d) svn remains open (but no release without a revival VOTE)
>
> 2) To revive a component requires a VOTE.  Any ASF committer interested in bringing the
zombie back to life can initiate this action. Revival VOTEs
> are majority rule.
>
> 3) Dormant status for a Commons component is not a substitute for the Apache Attic.
Components that we decide are obsolete or for other reasons are unlikely to ever be revived
should be moved to the Apache Attic.  To retire a component to the Attic requires a vote similar
to 0).