commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA report usefulness (was: [VOTE] Release Commons NET 3.0.1 based on RC3)
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 17:33:37 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I couldn't agree more!!! +1!
>> I just close directly. The resolve then close is a workflow waiting
>> for a reason :)
>
> The reason is that until a release has been cut including the fix,
> it is still a problem faced by users.  Just fixing in svn should not
> close the issue.

Not a good enough reason imo. If 'Resolved' was called 'Committed' and
'Closed' was 'Released', then maybe. As it is we'll have a workflow
that is meaningless to anyone but the committers; and they can already
look at whether the fix version has been released or not.

If Atlassian hadn't made the mistake of a 2 stage resolution as their
default; we wouldn't be looking for a solution. As they did everyone
(not just here, it's a JIRA anti-pattern) tries to apply a workflow to
the Resolve/Close step.

Hen