commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] support for k, M suffices when parsing numbers
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:06:44 GMT
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:

> If our main concepts are parse/format, maybe what we are discussing is
> actually a specialized NumberFormat subclass.

Agreed that it does make sense as a number formatter.  However, we
have to ask ourselves "where would a user most likely look for this
type of method?"  If it were me and I was looking for stuff related to
memory strings, I would probably look for something like MemUtils.
Perhaps that's just me, though. :)  I've been known to think
differently than a lot of folks around here.