commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The future of the Meiyo component
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:47:47 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> I think so, until democracy is adopted, majority always wins, so let's
> rename it to commons-classpath! :)

It's still in the sandbox.  I say let's quit quibbling over the name
at this point.  Let's get some code together and see how it shakes
out.  Perhaps folks will come up with ideas about new stuff that
belongs in there that would make us think the name needs to be
changed.  Let's just get to work on it and let it develop.  If the
name needs to change before we go to "proper" with it, then we can do
so at that time.  It's just a package name change (and perhaps a logo,
which I'd say hold off on until we move it to proper).