commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Digester 3.0 based on RC1 - take2
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:25:23 GMT
Another email thread about the mechanics of releasing :(

As a recent RM who went through my own pains, I send Simone my best wishes.

I do not know how to fix this though.

How does this work in other communities?

Gary

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/29/11 10:44 AM, Matt Benson wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> As long as the contents of the tag correspond to what is in the RC,
> >> you are OK.  The important thing is that the tag name should include
> >> "RC" in it so it is not mistaken for a final release tag, which
> >> should be created after the VOTE succeeds.
> > *Created*, or renamed?
>
> Well, it does not exist before you do the cp or mv to "create" it,
> so I would say it is "created" on release :)
>
> But you are right, what we now always do is copy or rename the lucky
> winning RC tag.  Personally, I like leaving the last RC tag there
> (i.e. cp vs mv) because the VOTE thread and other emails may refer
> to it.
>
> Phil
> > Matt
> >
> >> Phil

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/commons-digester3-3.0/

> web site (http://commons.apache.org/digester/source-repository.html) are
> wrong,http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/digester3/trunk
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/digester3/trunkcommons-digester3 Is this
the right one -- it seems to worksvn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/trunkcommons-digesterCould someone
fix them, (or me, which ever is wrong?)dave