commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Digester 3.0 based on RC1 - take2
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:54:31 GMT
Hi all guys and thank for your support!
Apologize for the async due to to our different timezones :(
So, IIUC:

- renaming the tag should be enough, I mean:

    svn mv https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/commons-digester3-3.0/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER3_3_0_RC1/

Please confirm before I proceed

- the SCM info on site was just a matter of mistake in the pom
descriptor, but as you can see in the current pom[1] they are now
fixed - they will appear in the correct form once the site will be
re-deployed (after the release, I'd suggest)

Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
Simo

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/trunk/pom.xml

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another email thread about the mechanics of releasing :(
>
> As a recent RM who went through my own pains, I send Simone my best wishes.
>
> I do not know how to fix this though.
>
> How does this work in other communities?
>
> Gary
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/11 10:44 AM, Matt Benson wrote:
>> > *Created*, or renamed?
>>
>> Well, it does not exist before you do the cp or mv to "create" it,
>> so I would say it is "created" on release :)
>>
>> But you are right, what we now always do is copy or rename the lucky
>> winning RC tag.  Personally, I like leaving the last RC tag there
>> (i.e. cp vs mv) because the VOTE thread and other emails may refer
>> to it.
>>
>> Phil
>> > Matt

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/commons-digester3-3.0/

>> web site (http://commons.apache.org/digester/source-repository.html) are
>> wrong,http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/digester3/trunk
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/digester3/trunkcommons-digester3
Is this the right one -- it seems to worksvn checkout
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/trunkcommons-digesterCould
someone fix them, (or me, which ever is wrong?)dave