commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The future of the Meiyo component
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:46:18 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> thanks a lot for the feedbacks!!!
> Two minor notes:
>
>  * code is already available (and rearranged) in sandbox[1], so feel
> free to play with it!!!

I know the code is there :) ... that's why I acknowledged the
silliness my reluctance to "get my hands dirty" until after the
component is named/moved.

>  * I like commons-classpath too, anyway the component contains also
> the stuff to scan Classes/Annotations, so 'classpath' would sound too
> restrictive... or not? :P

I can see why you might think so; however it seems to me the
implication of "visit these classes and do X when you find Y" carries
the implication that the classes in question were most likely
discovered by classpath scanning.  Does the codebase currently contain
(fluent?) code to directly chain the output of a classpath scan to
such a "class visit"?

Matt