commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:45:41 GMT
On 2 June 2011 22:32, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>>
>>> If you use the Maven2 build then it should all build as expected.
>>
>> So it seems. I think I'll remove the release target from the ant build (so
>> no-one else tries it and gets bitten), then see if I can figure out how to
>> use the maven release plugin!
>
> You can but I find it painful. The alternative is to just tag in
> subversion, checkout and build using
>
>   mvn -Prc clean install

Or you can use the release profile with local deployment:

mvn package deploy -Prelease -Ptest-deploy

This will perfom a deploy to target/deploy; you can copy the files from there.
A bit easier than picking them out of the local repo.

Unless you get Nexus set up for Validator, I don't recommend using
deploy without -Ptest-deploy, because that will probably be published
directly.