commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] BCEL and JCS as Commons components?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:04:41 GMT
>> So according to you byte code manipulation is a "commonly encountered
>> need" for java developers?
>> I guess then Commons should/could be the home of virtually any java
>> library out there.
>
> Point taken; however, from the "when all you have is a hammer"
> perspective, if byte code generation/manipulation were made easy
> enough, folk might use it more!  ;)

...what came first - the chicken or the egg? ;)

(Please no one answer - otherwise this could become the longest thread
in the ASF's history)

But seriously. I see Commons as what is missing from the JDK.
BCEL is (or was?) even included in the JDK - so there goes my argument.
But in the end it comes down to a personal interpretation what should
have been included.

All I can say is that I my vote is something around -0.1 and +0.1
...depending on the time of the day ;)

cheers,
Torsten