commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OGNL] Release a new version
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 09:11:43 GMT
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jochen!  I'm asking because we have a critical issue with
> Struts 2 build and it's already solved in OGNL ;-)

If this is urgent, you should consider to put out a new release from
github once more. IMO, we should not miss the opportunity to do some
binary incomatible changes, because the parser stuff is really not as
it ought to be.

An alternative would be to bring out a new release now and continue
the parser stuff in a branch. But IMO there's no point in doing that,
because the package change is binary incompatible anyways.

Jochen

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)