commons-dev mailing list archives

From abhijeet gaikwad <abygaikwa...@gmail.com>
Subject [NET] Telnet NTLM Authentication
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:00:05 GMT
Hi Team,
I was able to extend commons-net Telnet API to support NTLM Authentication.
I extended TelnetOptionHandler to create my own AuthTypeHandler for NTLM.
For creating NTLM packets I used JCIFS API. The challenge NTLM message that
I am recieving from the server is more than 256 bytes, but current
commons-net API supports suboption message size upto 256 bytes only. There
is a private integer array in TelnetInputStream named __suboption with size
256. If I increase the size, my authentication works perfect.

My question is, is there any specific reason why the array size is 256. Can
it be increased? If I make it 512, my code works. Please suggest me because
if I increase the size, I am able to telnet via a linux machine with NTLM
Authentication by just extending the Telnet client provided in commons-net
API. Otherwise, I will have to reinvent the wheel again ... write a Telnet
client of my own.

Thanks,
Abhijeet Gaikwad