commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [dormant][vote] resurrect commons-graph
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 06:18:14 GMT
Hi Sujit,
thanks for your contribution, but just to avoid misunderstandings:
Neo4J is a great graph database, OTOH commons-graph aims to create a
higher-level APIs to interact with graphs and providing general
purpose algorithms implementation for a large set of known problems,
not just traversal/shortest path. As you can see, they have different
targets. Users should be able to implement their own custom solution
on top of our APIs.
Moreover, Neo4J community edition is released under GPLv3...
commons-graph will be under ASL2.0, that's less restrictive.
HTH, since you're interested on graph solutions I hope you'll be
interested as well on contributing :)
have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/