commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Hendriks <D.Hendr...@tue.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1139126 - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/ site/xdoc/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/ test/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/solvers/
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:09:46 GMT
I agree with you that braces should always be used. Personally, I do have
one exception though, and that is if the statement following it is on the
same line. That way, it is one line, instead of 3 lines, which makes it
more readable. If the 'if' statement spans multiple lines, I always include
braces, even if there is only one single statement involved. But that is
just me...

I think the rule is already active in Checkstyle. I think I just chose to
ignore it here.

In general (not just this Checkstyle rule), is it allowed to ignore
checkstyle errors, if one believes that the code would be better if the
rule is ignored for a specific instance; that is, in case of false positives?

Dennis