commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] codebase looking for a place to be contributed to commons
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 06:49:20 GMT
On 6/10/11 12:30 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I've used scannotation before, which is reasonably well known I
> believe, but could probably be improved on. I think with multiple
> versions at Apache, it is a perfect concept for commons. I would check
> out [discovery] first to see if that has a similar goal.
>
> I'd set it up separately to [lang] first, to see how big it is. It
> feels a little frameworky, but may be suitable for inclusion.
+1 - start separately in the sandbox and see where it goes.
> I also think that we should look to include ideas from the old [id]
> project into [lang], as [id] is never going to be released.

+1 here as well.  I think it is a shame that [id] has never made it
to a release.  The GUID stuff that prevented it from becoming
releasable is now obsolete.  I would be +1 to either promoting it
with aim to release minus the GUID stuff or pulling the useful stuff
(some of it "back") into [lang].  I have had my eyes on some of the
Tomcat code that generates session ids to adapt / incorporate into
[id].  In any case, my +1 here means I will help with the code
and/or promotion.

Phil

code I found somewhere else at Apache. You can see it at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/rgoers/log4j2-core/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/ResolverUtil.java.
It is used by https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_2_0_EXPERIMENTAL/rgoers/log4j2-core/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/PluginManager.java.