commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pool] equal instances
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:05:07 GMT
On 09/06/2011 15:48, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I would like to understand the requirements better:
>
> - Is this for pool1 and/or pool2? It seems like a big change for pool1 that
> should be in a 1.6 (not 1.5.x)

pool2. No plans for this change in pool1.

> - Do we have real user stories for this new req? Or is this a theoretical
> nicety?

The most obvious one is preventing the same object being returned to the
pool more than once. POOL-103.

Keeping track of all the objects in the pool opens up a range of
possibilities for improved monitoring/management features. We could, for
example, move the abandoned object tracking from DBCP to pool.

Mark