commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] GKOP s/maxIdle/maxIdlePerKey?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 21:06:19 GMT
On 6/4/11 12:05 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 18:41, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> It makes a lot of sense and makes clearer fields semantics, +1

>> http://www.99soft.org/
> +1
>
> Note, there will need to be some refactoring in the Config classes for this.

Yes, and it will increase the smell in what I personally see as
over-engineered inheritence in the config classes.  Since minIdle,
maxIdle are not now used or defined in GKOP, these will be unused
and confusing config fields for GKOP.  This and the fact that some
defaults are different and the config params have different meanings
leads me to suggest that we dispense with BaseObjectPoolConfig and
just repeat the common fields for GKOP, GOP configs.  It is
essential that we define config params precisely and completely in
javadoc and this will be easier if we separate the configs.

Phil