commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA report strategy; how to handle duplicates?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 20:48:06 GMT
On 2011-06-04 17:06, sebb wrote:
> I've been doing some experimentation with the JIRA report.
>
> The following configuration IMO produces a reasonable-looking report [1]:
>
> <onlyCurrentVersion>false</onlyCurrentVersion>
> <columnNames>Fix Version,Key,Summary,Type,Resolution,Status</columnNames>
> <!-- Sort cols have to be reversed in JIRA 4 -->
> <sortColumnNames>Key DESC,Type,Fix Version DESC</sortColumnNames>
> <resolutionIds>Fixed</resolutionIds>
> <statusIds>Resolved,Closed</statusIds>
> <!-- Don't include sub-task -->
> <typeIds>Bug,New Feature,Task,Improvement,Wish,Test</typeIds>
>
> As mentioned elsethread, issues should be marked as resolved with the
> appropriate fix version when fixed in SVN; and issues should only be
> closed after the release has been published.
>
> What is not so clear is how to handle duplicate reports.
> If these are to be included in the report, then the Fix versions will
> have to be maintained.

IMO duplicates should not be included in the report. If they are
descriptions of the same problem, then they do not add any value in the
report.

> If not, then it's important that all duplicates are resolved as
> Duplicate rather than Fixed.

Yes, that my preference as well.

I usually create a "Duplicates" link between the two issues in JIRA
first and then immediately "Close" the latest issue as "Duplicate".

> Views?
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~sebb/NET_3_0_1RC3/jira-report.html
> Additionally filtered as follows:
> <fixVersionIds>3.0.1,3.0,2.2</fixVersionIds>

Dennis Lundberg