commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:26:08 GMT
Hi,

I don't know the code base either so will only give some technical
comments related to the artifacts:

Maven and ant builds work fine with Java 1.5 and 1.6 on Windows 7.

About the distribution files: Shouldn't the naming be
commons-validator-1.4.0-beta1 rather than validator-1.4.0-beta1? Also
the manifest of the jar in the binary distribution does not contain all
properties typical for commons components. When I build the jar on my
local machine the properties are there. I think we should follow our
standards here.

There are some findbugs errors which I don't consider as blocking.

Oliver