commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Commons Validator 1.4 beta 1 based on RC1
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 22:59:38 GMT
Hi All

Following last week's discussions, I've rolled a RC for Commons Validator
1.4 beta 1. The idea of this release is to get some wider testing of the
codebase, owing to the 4.5 year gap since 1.3.1, before we hopefully
release 1.4 in a few weeks time.

(We believe the code is stable and release worthy, but we're being a
little cautious with a beta first simply because of the gap)

The svn tag this was build from is:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_0_BETA1_RC1

The release candidate files are available from:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/

Specifically the release notes:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Source and Binary zips+tarballs:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/dist/
And Maven artifacts:
    http://people.apache.org/~nick/Commons-Validator-1.4-beta1/maven/

I've tested with JDK 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6

I haven't generated a new version of the site as the release guide would
suggest, because this is intended to be a short lived beta release. I
would propose to simply update the download page to incude the beta
release too, and then do a full site generation (as per the release guide)
when we're ready for the final 1.4 release

Voting will be open for just over 3 days (or until a blocker is found...),
closing 6am GMT on Saturday 4th June. Please vote:

  [ ] +1 Release this as Validator 1.4 beta 1
  [ ]  0 I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it fully
  [ ] -1 There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

Thanks
Nick