commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] [sandbox] merging Apache Commons BSP into Apache Commons Math
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 17:51:56 GMT
Dmitry, this might be helpful:

The goal with Apache voting is not usually a simple majority, but rather
full consensus where abstentions are counted as acceptance.

Your -1 vote derails the consensus, but appears to have been made for
non-technical reasons.  One way forward is for you to provide a technical
rationale (suppose that BSP did something totally non-mathematical, for
instance, or suppose that it had obvious bugs or no tests cases).  Another
way forward would be to change your vote to -0 to indicate you are very
happy with the change, but do not intend to block it.