commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Issue with TransitionTargetComparator
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 00:57:15 GMT
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Yevgen Kogan <mitteilungen@live.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the line 90 of the /commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/semantics/TransitionTargetComparator
looks like this:

> State s = (State) iter.next();
>
> The cast to State causes an cast exception for my state machine, because some of my states
are derived from Parallel.

> Now my question is, if the cast to State should be replaced with the cast to TransitionTarget
or is it legal to assume that alle TransitionTargets in the method TransitionTargetComparator.compare(...)
 are States (it would imply that my state machine is "brocken" ).

<snip/>

Nested parallels (without intermediate states) are usually redundant,
but not illegal, so it may be better to fix the line as you suggest.
Please open a ticket in JIRA [1].

Meanwhile, you may either (a) change your state machine to remove such
nesting or (b) supply a custom semantics impl to the executor that
uses a comparator with the change.

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html