commons-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Silly questions about commiting code
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 00:47:08 GMT
2011/5/20 Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>:
> Hello.
>
>> following our previous discussions, I'm ready to commit some code regarding
>> iterative linear solvers. I've read through the Apache web pages on the
>> subject, but I still have some very silly questions (I do apologize in
>> advance).
>> 1. Checkstyle complains about a missing version number in my files. Looking at
>> other files, I found that this @version tag has a very specific format, I
>> suppose it's attributed automatically. If so, how do I do that?
>
>  @version $Id$
>
> [Checkstyle will still complain because it expects "$Revision$ $Date$"
> instead of "$Id$" but this rule is probably going to be changed soon.]

Do not forget to add svn properties on the new file:
svn:keywords = Id
svn:eol-style = native

There is a configuration file to take care of svn:eol-style setting
[1] (as mentioned in [2]), but svn:keywords property has to be set
manually. In this case you are using the "Id" keyword.

General documentation on svn: properties in the Subversion manual is [3].

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt
[2] https://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config
[3] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.ref.properties.html

Best regards,