commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POOL2][PROPOSAL] releasing commons-pool2-2.0-beta1
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 16:20:03 GMT
I would like to propose an aggressive release schedule:

- Push 2.0 out as a generified version of 1.5 ASAP and add/remove/fiddle
nothing else. "Just give me the generics P L E A S E!" :) Change deprecated
documentation from "Will be removed in 2.0" to "Will be removed in 3.0".

- Next is 3.0: This is what we had meant 2.0 to be. Do all the other clean
ups, re-architecting, fiddling, removing of deprecation, refactoring, and so
on.

Gary