commons-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OGNL] drop old opensymphony build
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 07:31:58 GMT
2011/5/17 Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com>

> Looks useful to me.
>
> Download the ant task. Use this standard file. Execute.
>
> Save us maintaining a pointless build.xml.

I don't think we need it at all. Don't you think that developers are able to
download Maven like they did for Ant?
I think that presuming that developers want always to use Ant for their
builds is an insult to their intelligence :-D
Don't misunderstand me, Ant was a great tool, but now we have to move on,
like when most of us moved away from Java 1.4.

Antonio